The Strip and Peek Extrication Rescue Tool measures 10" long (the metal blade measures 5" and the handle measures 5") and weighs only 8.5 oz. The Strip and Peek is designed to reveal potential hazards while preparing to extricate a victim from an auto accident. These hazards can include air bag canisters that have 3,000 P.S.I. to 10,000 P.S.I.; seatbelt pre-tensioners, positioned in the lower portion of the “B” post; wire looms that are connected to the air bags and pre-tensioner systems; and the brain box for the air bags (located under the seat, in the dashboard, in the center console, or in the lower front seat foot area). You can also use the Strip and Peek to expose the super structure of the vehicle prior to cutting. Make sure that you've neutralized all potential hazards before performing a vehicle extrication with Ajax's Strip and Peek Extrication Rescue Tool.
- Measures approximately 10" long and weighs only 8.5 oz.
- Can expose the superstructure of a vehicle prior to cutting
- Can be used to reveal the following hazards before extrication
- Air Bag Canisters that have 3,000 P.S.I. to 10,000 P.S.I.
- Seat Belt Pre-Tensioners, positioned in the lower portion of the “B” post
- Wire Looms that are connected to the Air Bags and Pre-Tensioner Systems
- Expose the Super Structure of the vehicle prior to cutting
- Brain box for the Air Bags (located under seat, in dashboard, in center console, or in the lower front seat foot area)